Isn’t it frustrating that every time you want to ride a go kart you have to travel to a fun park and purchase an expensive ticket for a few laps around a track? Where are all the cheap go karts for sale?
Fun parks can be a killjoy because someone is watching you like a hawk making sure you don’t bump into anyone else. Plus they put a governor on the go kart to make it slower.
What you want is to be able to ride your own go kart on your terms without having to rent one of these slow cheap go karts for a few laps. But where can you find a high-quality cheap go kart for sale that you can enjoy around your area?
Where to find cheap go karts for sale
Thanks to Amazon, and other online retailers you can find high quality cheap go karts for sale online. You can read in-depth reviews and have a thorough understanding of the quality of these cheap go karts before you purchase them.
If you were to buy a cheap go kart off craigslist, you wouldn’t have the advantage of reading hundreds of reviews and FAQs. Plus you’re getting a used go kart instead of a new one.
Advances in manufacturing and battery power have pushed the price down for small engine gas go karts and electric go karts alike.
Here are a few of our favorite cheap go karts for sale that you can purchase online.
Owning your own cheap go kart
If you have ridden go karts before and caught the itch to ride them more frequently, you may be interested in purchasing a go kart but don’t know where to start. Cheap go karts can be found online and are perfect for beginners.
There are varieties designed for on and off-road use, and even dune buggy-style cheap go karts that can be used on the sand!
When looking to buy a cheap go kart you have three options: Gas go karts, electric go karts and pedal go karts
Here are some pros and cons to gas go karts, electric go karts and pedal go karts:
- Gas powered go karts are lighter, and have a bit more responsive handling.
- You can drive longer with gas go karts. A gas powered go kart can last 2-4 hours on a single tank of gas.
- If you run out of fuel, just purchase more and refuel and keep going. No time wasted.
- Maintenance is cheaper with gas powered go karts because small engine repair and maintenance is typically inexpensive.
- Gas go karts cannot be used indoors due to their fumes.
- Electric go karts and pedal go karts can be used indoors as there are no harmful fumes.
- You can remotely control electric powered go karts. This is helpful if you need to reduce the speed of an aggressive driver or remotely bring back go karts from the track.
- Pedal go karts are extremely cheap and have almost no maintenance required.
- Pedal go karts obviously go much slower and will tire your legs out quickly.
- Pedal go karts never need to charge or refuel.
- A rear biased center of gravity allows stable handling even on unprepared track surfaces
- Rear-mounted motor with rear wheel drive system provides exceptional acceleration, top speed and awesome cornering
- Front fairing and side pods are made of durable, flexible nylon-injected material designed to withstand hard impacts
- Equipped with scale slick rubber tires featuring high density foam inserts for great traction
- 4 stroke OHV 1 cylinder - 196cc engine 6.5hp
- Easy pull start operation, torque converter CVT system
- Rack and pinion steering with hydraulic disc brakes
- Padding over roll cage
- Fully automatic
- BFR HUB FOR WORRY-FREE DRIVING - The BFR ( Brake, Forward and Reverse) Hub allows young drivers to pedal forward and coast on momentum. They can also pedal back to use the coaster brake to stop and even continue pedaling backward to go in reverse.
- RUGGED WHEELS FOR ANY TERRAIN - Roll on any packed surface with the rubber air-filled tube tires with hybrid treads. The color-coordinated rims also contain sealed bearings keeps the kart rolling smoothly. Tires should be filled to around 25 psi and never to exceed 28 psi.
Limitations to owning your own cheap go kart
Finding and owning a cheap go kart to buy may be easy, there are certain limitations to consider:
- Due to a go kart’s low profile, these racing cars are not safe to drive on the road and are not street legal.
- If you have a large enough property and an off road go kart you can ride it on your own property
- You can ride it in an empty parking lot or school parking lot if you get permission from the owner prior to taking your go kart there.
- Lastly you can contact your local recreational fun center and request information about renting out their go kart course after hours. Many sites will be willing to do this for a fee. This will allow you to ride your go kart on a course specifically designed for your vehicle!
Pro tip: If you have multiple friends who have all purchased their own, whether expensive or cheap go karts, this option may work well as you all can chip in to the cost and meet up to race each other.
Not so cheap go karts for sale
Perhaps you have some cash to spend, and you’d like to look at some not so cheap go karts for sale. If for example you want to buy an off road go kart or a racing go kart, these aren’t necessarily cheap go karts, but you can get more out of them since they are highly specialized for particular uses
- Message for Color Options: Red, Black, Blue, Yellow, Silver, Pink.
- Remote Start - Remote engine stop - Remote alarm - Speed limiter Control - Assembly required: wheel,hand bar,seat,brush guard bar,battery,fuel box,review mirror. - Engine type: single cylinder 4-stroke - Displacement: 147cc - Cooling: Air-cooled.
- Max horsepower: 9.25hp/7500rpm - Max torque: 8.5n.m/7000rpm - Bore x stroke: 2.24 x 2.28inch - Max speed: 37.5 miles/h - Ignition: C.D.I - Starting system: Electric - Battery: 12V/7Ah - Engine oil: SAE15W/40SF - Gear oil: 85W/40.
- The main features include: Powerful 300cc CVT fully automatic with reverser engine, liquid and oil cool, shaft driven 4-wheel independent suspension, electric start with pull start back up, steel stainless performance muffler, polished aluminum wheels, digital speedometer, high-low beam headlights, individual adjustable leather seat, four-point harness searbelt, 4-wheel fenders, high performance shock absorbers, turn signals, aluminum side rearview mirrors, central rearview mirror, trailer hitch, horns and etc.
- Free Shipping on Qualified Areas.Can not sell to remote areas like Alaska, Hawaii...etc. extra shipping fee needs to be paid by customer for NY and FL.
- Free Liftgate Service ,Please do remember, check the package or the crate when you receive it, if there is any shipping damage, please refuse to sign for it, and email us for instructions.
- Note: It is extremely important that you input correct phone number! Our trucking company will not deliver your package without speaking with you over the phone.
Go Kart Fun facts
- Go karting is the most popular motorsport in the world. This is due its low barriers to entry as you can generally find a cheap go kart for sale online, at garage sales, or on craigslist
- Many professional racers start by driving go karts. Michael Schumacher, the most successful racer of all time, once said “I learned everything I know about racing from my karting days.” If you want to get into race car driving, go karting is a great place to start!
- The first go kart was built by art Ingles in 1956 from scrap parts
- Go Karts are easy and safe to drive. Go karts can be driven by kids, in face there are go karts specifically designed for children.
- Indoor go karting became popular after the creation of electric go karts
- Compact kids dune buggy with powerful 350-watt electric motor
- Reaches speeds of up to 10 mph; 8-inch knobby pneumatic tires
- Durable tubular steel frame; padded bucket seat with seatbelt
- Hand throttle and brake controls; requires no fuel to run
- Supports up to 120 pounds driver weight; for ages 8 and older
- Note: Please refer User Manual Page 3 on how to charge the battery
- Feature: Sporty 3 Point Steering, Benefit: Responsive, quick steering
- Feature: Adjustable Bucket Seat, Benefit: Fits multiple height kids
- Feature: Race-Styled Pedals with rubber wheels and 8 Ball Style "Skid" Brake, Benefit: Better grip and smooth ride
- Actual Product Size: Length 36.2" x Width 20.1" x Height 20.1"
- Electric-powered "drifter" kart based on original Ground Force design
- Variable-speed, chain-driven motor runs at up to 12 miles per hour
- Race-tuned chassis and super-slick rear wheels for serious neighborhood drifting
- Thumb-trigger acceleration control and hand-operated rear brake
- Runs for 40 minutes per charge; supports drivers up to 140 pounds
Enjoy this article about cheap go karts for sale online?
Mugwomp finds, reviews, and gives away the best products on the web